After spending a month in southwestern South Dakota, it was time to make our way to Colorado. We had hoped to find somewhere to stay in Denver, but it just wasn’t in the cards. Our next option was Alamosa, CO and a visit to the Great Sand Dunes. We hope you enjoy our pictures and videos from our September 2018 trip to the dunes!
New Here? If you’re interested in more of our family travel information, we’ve got you covered!
- 18 Family-Friendly Activities Near Rapid City, SD
- 3 Family-Friendly Camping Games that are Amazingly Fun and Easy to Pack
- 5 Must-Dos on a Girls Trip to Walt Disney World
- Our Family Adventure at Theodore Roosevelt National Park
- Fun Family Car Activities to do While Traveling
- Joshua Tree National Park with Kids
- Our Visit to Great Sand Dunes National Park
- Up & Away at the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta
- Travel Disney: Our Love Affair with Fort Wilderness Campground
- Carlsbad Caverns National Park With Kids
- 25 Las Vegas Area Attractions Every Kid Will Love
- Our Family Trip to Disneyland & Why We’ll Be Back
- Unique Dallas Attractions Every Homeschooling Family Must See
Looking for more information about national parks? Check out the Best of the Best National Parks featured at PlanningAway.com.
The Great Sand Dunes was FUN even though it was a really long walk to get to the dunes. I liked sledding down the tall dunes. The sand was really hot the first day we went to the dunes and I liked it much better the day we went in the evening when the sand wasn’t so hot.Allison
It was really fun and I liked sledding down the dunes. The only part I didn’t like was the long walk. If you go in the evening, the sand felt cool. Don’t bring your own disk to try to sled, rent one of the sand sleds because they work much better.Abigail
I didn’t really like the sand dunes that much because it was so hot the first day it made me have a bloody nose. Sledding down the dunes was fun, but not when it was so hot.Peyton
I di not think that I knew about this park. Now that Info, though, I would like to go sledding there!