You might be thinking, “well this is a new one! What the heck is a crunchy RV medicine cabinet?”
“Crunchy” is a label that may be given to people or things that are more alternative, earth-friendly, or natural. For example, you might be crunchy if you homebirth, breastfeed, babywear, use homeopathy or essential oils or buy organic food.
So to answer your question, a crunchy RV medicine cabinet is a medicine cabinet filled with alternative or natural products rather than the pharmaceutical drugs that you’d find in most medicine cabinets. And to make it even more interesting, we’re talking about the tiniest of medicine cabinets: the RV medicine cabinet.
New here? If you’re looking for more holistic health and natural living related information, I’ve got you covered! Check out my holistic health website at DrKristiCorder.com.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy for more information.
I’ve seen many holistic health gurus over the years tout how amazing their health is and how they NEVER get sick. Well, my inner Maury wants to say “the lie detector determined that was a lie!”
We ALL get sick! We ALL get injured. And we ALL want something to make us feel better.
We are a pretty crunchy bunch and have our favorite products, but we also wanted to enlist the help of some other crunchy RVers to find out what they keep in their medicine cabinets.
The Johnson Clan
Mother of this clan told me that while they aren’t yet RVing, she knows exactly what will be in their medicine cabinet.
- Local honey for allergies
- Elderberry syrup
- Homeopathic teething/colic medicine (which also works wonderfully for her son’s cold and when he can’t sleep)
- Saline and NoseFrida
- Correct X ointment from doTerra for scrapes etc.
- Essential oils
- Kombucha (not technically a medicine cabinet item, but definitely used for health benefits)
You can tell this family has the minimalist life down! They say “this is all we need!”
- Helios homeopathic kits and cream trio
- Tilvee balm
- Nasopure nose rinse
The Crunchy Corder Bunch (that’s us!)
So you want to know our favorites? Let’s just say we are like the Osengas and don’t have much. Why? Because much of our “medicine” doesn’t come in the form of a product we can shove in a cabinet. We get regular chiropractic care, exercise, sunshine, and eat nutritious foods which all keep us fairly healthy.
But when we do have illnesses or injuries that need just a bit more care, here’s a few things we like to have on hand:
- Homeopathy kits and individual remedies
- Bentonite Clay
- Essential Oils
- And while this is not in our medicine cabinet, I have a chiropractic medical kit that has things such as a stethoscope, otoscope, ophthalmoscope, bandages, scissors, and more up in a storage bin above the kitchen cabinets.